Thursday, June 28, 2012

Energy and Physics – from a very personal perspective



The saying, “A body at rest tends to stay at rest - a body in motion tends to stay in motion.” is a law of physics.  It’s been rattling around in my mind today.

Energy - the capacity for work or vigorous activity; the ability of a physical system to do work.  Actually, more like the oozing of energy from a physical system (mine specifically) has been irritating me today, too.

It’s been a very busy, joyful, yet stressful few weeks.  I completed my much awaited final (I hope) in this series of chemotherapy treatments in late May.  Then the wait for the CA-125 results – another 3 weeks.  During this time, our home of 19 years was supposed to close.  We had had it on the market for almost a year and had already moved to our beach home.  Of course, we still had the responsibility of caring for the house and its 2 ½ acres and outbuildings, both physically and financially, and worrying about it mentally – which always affects me physically.  Then there was the huge expense of maintaining two homes – double everything! 

We were also making arrangements for our son and his family to visit for a week – the same week the house was to close.  It would be the first time we had entertained them and our two little grandsons in the new home.  Our daughter and our granddaughter would also be coming for a few days.  It was all very exciting and we were very much looking forward to it – but it still required an outlay of energy that I wasn’t too sure I had that close to a 6th chemo treatment.

Finally the day came for the house to close – 2 days before our son was arriving. Two hours from the closing time, we were told that the buyer’s mortgage company had a SMALL issue that might postpone the closing for about 6 weeks!  I could feel the stress molecules gathering up my positive energies and tossing them out through the top of my head.   Fortunately, cooler heads than mine prevailed and the house did close a few days later - a few hours after my son’s plane landed!  That’s cutting things a little too close for me.  My CA-125 test had not come back as I had wished – down but not quite enough.  So, another was scheduled in a few weeks.  My stress level and negative energy was about Warp 5 – for you Trekkies.

We had a great time with all the kids.  Laughter and positive energy was overflowing in our home.  Joining the little ones in a dance party, or helping them color shells they had collected, or crashing in and out of the waves, the nasty old negative energy didn't have a chance to keep my “body at rest.”  A “body in motion” was definitely more fun. 

After they left, tropical storm Debby appeared out of nowhere and with it I could feel the negative energies begin to seep in.  The little “disturbance” that was supposed to head to Louisiana or Texas was suddenly only miles north of us, crossing the Florida peninsula.  We began putting toys away and returning borrowed booster seats.  I found I had absolutely no energy at all.  I kept getting out of breath and spent a lot of time watching the rain completely mask the ocean.  My body stayed at rest until I began to worry if there wasn’t more going on in there than just being tired. 

Today the sun came out, and with it glimpses of my “forward motion” too.  We went for an early walk.  The first thing I always do is “connect” with the ocean’s forces.  I have a great respect for the ocean’s power and a great love of its life-giving force.  I always walk directly into the water and just thank God for it and my life.  Well, we got our bodies out of “rest” mode and into “motion” – and I could feel my positive energy and strength returning.  It never ceases to amaze me how stress and tension – even over happy things – can freeze your mobility and drain your energies. 

I have a very dear friend who is a Healing Touch therapist.  I met her purely by accident in the elevator one day and she offered to give me a healing treatment.  My first thought was, “Do I look that bad that a stranger is offering to heal me?”  I think she’s also a psychic.  I definitely believe in certain forms of alternative medicine and in keeping the energy centers in our bodies open and functioning.  She helps me do that.

I feel my body is now in motion, my energy is slowly being restored, and my life forces are flowing freely.  Hopefully this will translate into a good CA125 next week.  It certainly can’t hurt!  And, if it doesn’t – well, I’ll just keep moving and try again!    

SURVIVAL TIPS:  We all have someone or something in our lives that drains our energy.  Someone you consider “high maintenance” or a job or situation that just drains you instead of refueling your energy.  Free yourself of these people – try to eliminate or at least change the situation.  Surround yourself with positive people and influences.  You’re worth it and your body needs it!

1 comment:

  1. You hit the nail on the head - good advice.
    Glad Debby left you alone and now maybe she and her sister storms, fires, etc. will go away and leave us in peace.

    ReplyDelete